Use professional and technical expertise to develop and maintain databases, computer and web based applications through the development of code and performance review of the databases and programming systems.
1. Administers, maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database.
2. Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
3. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization's business applications.
4. Gathers requirements from users and creates specifications and develops code. Designs and writes codes to support existing application.
1. Answers routine questions and furnishes information on behalf of the IT department. Independently resolves non-routine, non-recurrent problems. Makes decisions and recommendations within established guidelines and procedures.
2. Assists in the implementation and coordination of department policies and procedures to ensure efficient operation.
3. Makes recommendations regarding improvements in organization and/or project procedures.
4. Develops management contacts both inside and outside the company to facilitate completion of projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Experience or understanding of .NET technologies including some or all: IIS, SQL, VB, java, ASP.NET, C#, HTML, etc.
2. Experience or understanding of object-oriented design principles and software patterns
3. Ability to independently define, create, and complete development tasks
4. Experience or understanding of SQL and the different aspects of working with databases.
5. Experience or understanding of server side technologies.
6. Quality minded, self-motivated, problem solver.
7. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers to the organization; good spelling & grammar skills, multi-task orientated.
8. Ability to identify challenges and demonstrate independent judgment in decision making
9. Takes initiative and demonstrates resourcefulness.
10. Ability to work well as a team member while demonstrating and promoting corporate initiative
Training and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years related work experience in computer programming or equivalent combination or training and experience;
2. Two years experience in system design in a large scale data processing environment
3. Two years experience in data systems or in systems programming