Full-time Position Available
Resource Development Coordinator
El Vínculo Hispano / Hispanic Liaison of Chatham County
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Description: The Resource Development Coordinator goals are to expand funding sources through grant writing, direct mail campaigns and fund raising events; to strengthen the Liaison’s ties with the community at large through public relations activities and volunteer involvement. This position reports to the Executive and/or Associate Directors.
· Expand and secure funding for ongoing agency programs through grant writing, grant research, fund-raising and outreach activities.
· Development and implementation of an organizational fundraising plan.
· Meeting all application and reporting deadlines.
· Writing and sending grant reports in collaboration with program coordinators.
· Composes and prepares direct mail letters and correspondence with funders and donors.
· Acknowledges contributions and gives recognition to funders and donors.
· Manages foundation records and maintains resource development office filing system.
· Edit outgoing EVH correspondence when required.
· Coordinate and assist with grantor’s site visits.
· Attend all appropriate funder meetings and/or trainings.
· Participate and assist the Executive Director in program and operating budget development.
· Assist Executive and Associate Director with Management Report for the Board of Directors.
· Collaborate with program coordinators to develop/evaluate program goals and measurable outcomes.
· Maintains records and database information on prospective, past and current donors.
· Learn about Chatham County’s programs and services; develop a collaborative relationship with service providers.
· Participate and assist in short and long-term strategic planning for the agency.
· Keep all client and agency information confidential.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
· High level of organization, self-starter initiative, attention to detail and follow-through.
· Knowledge of legal requirements for nonprofit reporting.
· Excellent English writing and verbal skills
· Previous grant writing, grant research and fundraising experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Non-Profit Management, Public Administration or related field. Any advanced degrees, specialized training, or certification in development field is a plus.
· Motivated and able to work independently.
· Possesses problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
· Valid NC driver’s license and No Criminal Record
· Fluent in English and Spanish; bicultural preferred
· Experience with donor/client databases
· Previous employment or volunteer experience in a non-profit organization
· Experience working with Latino community
Hours and Salary: 40 hrs/week. Some evening and/or weekends may be required. Annual Salary in the mid 30’s plus benefits, including retirement plan.
To apply: Send a cover letter, a resume outlining experience, education and skills, and at least 3 professional references via email. No phone calls please.
(Revised on February 11, 2013)