The overall purpose of the Information and Data Analyst is to provide Latino College Preparatory Academy (www.sjlcpa.org) staff with accessible, accurate and timely data to enable stakeholders to make data driven strategic decisions, both in the short and long term run, and to make sure LCPA complies with all data requests from external institutions and/or stakeholders. Analyst is also in charge of bringing information systems in line with LCPA’s plans; and setting, structuring, maintaining and managing information systems within the school.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ability and interest in developing a new data and information structure relevant to our school organization
- Ability to work independently and deliver on time
- Discuss the need for information retrieval and entry with the different school departments.
- Training LCPA staff on the correct use, input, and access of student information systems.
- Develop systems and/or tools that will build a complete picture about the needs of students and enable teachers and administrators to make short and long term decisions that are data driven and will improve student achievement and performance.
- Design structures and/or tools and reports that will improve overall performance and staff effectiveness by making data-driven decisions.
- Manage data collection, ensure integrity and properly disseminate information to staff and external stakeholders
- Provide reports on teacher performance based on analyzed student achievement data
- Monitor and evaluate the flow of information throughout the campus.
- Modify and/or upgrade systems as required as well as setting up databases, templates and/or programs to augment information exchange.
- Establish security protocols for the school with regards to access to information.
- Make recommendations and oversee the implementation of new systems or upgrades to current information systems.
- Troubleshoot problems or difficulties in the flow of the information within the system.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
This position will report to:
Chief Operating Officer
- 4 year college degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Background in education
- Minimum of 2 year related work experience
- Innovative, critical thinker, collaborative and mission/goal driven
- Ability to adapt to school environment and manage multiple deadlines
- Experience working with database or information system reporting preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be a team player
- Able to collaborate effectively and efficiently with school leaders, teachers, vendors and external funders when necessary
- Knowledge of statistics and solid excel skills a plus
Depends on experience and qualifications
This is a full time position aligned with school’s calendar and needs
Medical, dental and vision
Indeed - 14 months ago
The NHU Foundation provides an education for Hispanics and others grounded in cultural respect, biliteracy, and diversity for engaged...