Employee Type: Full-time
Job Type: Executive Director
Required Experience: 3 or more years
Responsible for overall strategic planning, revenue generation, financial management, organizational development, and program operations for The Neighborhood / La Vecindad United Methodist Community.
1. Takes a leadership role in driving a collaborative process with the Board of Directors, staff and members that would result in the development of goals, objectives and operational plans for the organization.
2. Oversees preparation of the annual budget and other necessary financial documents. Provides information and justifications for Board of Directors in its budgetary review and approval process.
3. Manages all fund development activities, including grant writing, cultivation and stewardship of donors, event planning, and identifying new resources. Actively seeks and maintains a diverse donor base of individual, business, foundation and government segments.
4. Builds long term relationships with key donor segments based on mission, cultivation and stewardship, program outcomes and sound fiscal management.
5. Promotes The Neighborhood / La Vecindad’s visibility and welfare through participation and membership in community forums, civic organizations and activities that are aligned with The Neighborhood / La Vecindad’s mission and vision.
6. Assist in further development of a strategic marketing plan that provides a clear and concise message telling the organization's story. Oversees the execution of marketing and media relations.
7. Represents The Neighborhood / La Vecindad in all media relations by participating in interviews, developing press releases and all other media type engagements.
8. Oversees and supports the development, design and delivery of program initiatives, assuring that the goals and objectives are aligned with The Neighborhood/ La Vecindad’s overall strategic plan.
9. Oversees and supports the administrative components of all program services
10. Attends worship service of The Neighborhood / La Vecindad at least once a month
11. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Fluent in English and Spanish
2. At least 3 years of demonstrated success in staff leadership, fundraising, partnership development and financial management.
3. Demonstrated success in acquiring agency support through successful grant applications and general fund raising.
4. Strong fund development, marketing and public relations experience to successfully engage stakeholders, including funders, business partners, policy makers, media and communities.
5. Strong and effective oral and written communication skills.
6. Personal qualities that include integrity, enthusiasm, commitment to The Neighborhood / La Vecindad’s mission, respect for diversity and the ability to inspire and motivate.
7. Must be Microsoft Office proficient, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
1. Bachelors degree
1. Board of Directors
1. Program staff and volunteers
Interested individuals should email their cover letter, resume and three references. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Interviews will begin October 23, 2012.