Experienced Medical Assistant needed for Dermatology office in Largo, MD. Seeking organized, enthusiastic and detailed oriented medical assistant for direct patient care duties and assistance with minor surgical/cosmetic procedures. The Medical Assistant must be able to manage time efficiently to maintain patient flow for a busy quick-paced and procedurally-oriented practice. Must be able to work one late evening and Saturdays.
Duties include but not limited:
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping rooms neat and stocked.
- Recording medical history and properly document in EMR.
- Perform instrument sterilization, set up biopsies and sterile surgical procedures.
- Perform dressing changes, suture removal and wound care.
- Local anesthetic injections
- Assist in collecting tissue or other laboratory specimens,
logging the specimens and prepare them for testing.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications and physician instructions to patients.
- Patient call backs/follow up.
- Potentially perform simple office duties such as filing, scanning and scheduling patients.
- Current Maryland Medical Assistant Certification/License
- High school diploma
- Experience in Dermatology is a plus
- Strong customer service and computer skills