Hey, who are you?
You don’t just write code, you dream in code! In fact, your code is like a symphony, it fills the auditorium of the processor, blasting perfection in rich auditory Technicolor, filling the senses with its simplicity, it’s grace, it’s awesome execution speed. Your code is reusable, compact, you believe in unit-testing; and top of all that, it’s commented. ;)
Now we’re getting somewhere. Are you tired of wasting your genius on accounting reports, Perl scripts and print jobs? We’re looking for you to help us re-invent the very core of the mobile display advertising market. Smartphones & tablets are changing the way people interact with everything around them. Television, magazines, newspapers, search, geo-location, predictive analytics, cookie-less browsing, social media … everything is changing before our very eyes. Never before in history has there been such a metamorphic change in people’s perceptions towards media, their expectations of the digital world around them, and the unprecedented computing power they carry with them everywhere.
WDA has created an amazing platform called Impulse, and we’re looking to grow our team of developers to make it even more powerful than it is today.
We have openings that match multiple experience levels, but we only have room for people with real passion and a gift for solving complex problems with quality, efficient code.
You’ll think you stepped directly into Silicon Valley at WDA, only better! Every day we serve lunch completely free of charge with hot entrees and fresh baked bread. The fridge is stocked with sodas and juice. We have flexible hours allowing you to work into the night should you have that spark. Cereal and milk are waiting anytime. Full health care coverage with PHP. Matching 401k program for your retirement. Tea, cookies and dark chocolate in our tea room. Our TEA ROOM???
Positions open for both client-facing dashboard design AND back-end scalable server-side development;
We're interested in various experience levels, with appropriate compensation at each level.
- Writing code in any number of languages (based on your interests/skills)
- Working on client-side, server-side or in-app code (based on your interests/skills)
- Creating test plans for your code that others can perform
- Architecture & planning review meetings
- Formal and ad-hoc technical sessions to think through complex problems & approaches
- Peer reviews of code and software approaches
- In depth knowledge of Java and/or VB.net
- SQL experience; stored procedures, transactions & joins
- Minimum 3 years’ experience writing code personally or professionally
- Knowledge of good code practices, version control and unit testing
- Ability to take full ownership and responsibility for a project
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and strong troubleshooting skills.
And this would be a bonus!
- Experience with either PHP, Ruby or Python
- Design skills with HTML, CSS and JS/Jquery
- Experience with cloud computing
- Experience writing web services
- Based on experience, from entry-level through to senior developer
- Full health care benefits
- 401k plan
- Lunch is provided every day