Findmypast.com is the new US addition to a global network of findmypast websites – it joins existing findmypast sites in the UK, Ireland and Australia. Findmypast is owned by Brightsolid Online Publishing in the UK.
Launched in April 2012, findmypast.com is tailored for the North American family history market. In addition to providing Americans with core US family history records the site has British, Irish and Australian record collections helping Americans extend their family tree overseas.
We are looking for a new team member to support our customers, help improve our product, and manage our small office. This is a great opportunity for an excellent coordinator who is passionate about customer service and is looking to learn more about running a website. Working in this growing business passion and ambition are sought after as many opportunities to develop will be available.
Customer and Product Support
- Monitoring and answering customer queries by email
- Analyzing trends in customer issues and bringing these to the attention of the local marketing team and international product manager as appropriate
- Attend conferences and exhibitions, meeting new and existing customers, helping them to navigate the site
- Collating evidence and opinions from the rest of the team in the US and ensuring these are reflected in Utrack for the UK team
- Constantly review the US website to ensure it is operating effectively
- Testing new releases and identify any errors or oversights against the specification
- To manage and maintain acceptable levels of office supplies including stationery, office and kitchen supplies.
- To ensure that all office space is well maintained. Responsible for upkeep of décor, soft furnishings and supplies.
- Responsible for all hospitality including arranging lunches, client meetings and office events.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, including arranging couriers.
- Responsible for petty cash and monthly petty cash reconciliation
- Raising Purchase Orders for the marketing team and liaising over payments with UK Finance team
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the offices, providing refreshments for visitors and as a first point of contact ensuring that interaction with visitors meets the company values and promotes the image of the company.
- Booking of all travel arrangements for the team including organizing logistics for events.
- General office maintenance and managing office issues
- Reporting any IT issues to the IT team
- Reporting any HR issues to the HR team
- Other administrative tasks that may be required by the US team
Essential Skills and Experiences
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Experience in providing email and telephone customer support
- Customer focus and experience communicating with groups of customers
- Attention to detail, adaptability, problem solving and self motivation are key to this role.
In order to be successful in this role the successful candidates will be extremely proactive and driven, highly organized with very strong communication (written and oral) skills. Working in a fast passed online media environment full computer literacy is essential, and an interest in family history would be of benefit.