TITLE: Sr. Digital Photo Editor
REPORTS TO: Content Architect DEPARTMENT: Marketing
JOB CLASS: Employee
WORK DAYS: M-F
LOCATION: Alpharetta, GA
iDisciple is a digital subscription platform being developed by Family Christian Stores that will deliver customized, biblical, and practical content to subscribers’ mobile devices and e-mail in a fun and intuitive way. iDisciple makes it easy to receive personalized content based on your preferences and needs. iDisciple provides a growing collection of over 40,000 sermons, devotionals, eBooks, articles, Bible studies, blogs, podcasts and an in-app Bible.
Looking for an experienced and dynamic Digital Photo Editor to work full-time alongside our top-notch content staff to create engaging visuals for our digital platform. The ideal candidate will have a creative eye for composition, color and photography. Experience with optimizing workflow quality and efficiency whenever possible, plus the ability to consistently deliver high quality results and should thrive under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Research and source hundreds of five-star stock images weekly in order to assign images to corresponding digital content.
- Edit and enhance each image to improve with the goal of visually engaging end users accessing the platform.
- Color correct, crop, optimize and upload images to CMS.
- Collaborate with staff to conceptualize new and interesting ways to illustrate photo content; but must have a strong individual sense of aesthetics.
- Maintain a photo editing style that supports the overall iDisciple Brand.
- Ability to format captions and photo shop logos on images as needed.
- Strong writing and grammar skills; with experience writing effective captions and titles for images and corresponding content.
- Successfully meet tight deadlines.
- BA or BS from accredited university. A degree in photography, visual arts or digital media a plus.
- Proven familiarity with core CMS functionalities.
- Proficient in converting files and uploading images to CMS.
- Minimum of 5 years of online photo editing experience.
- Possess excellent photo judgement.
- Must have a portfolio specific to photo editing work.
- Expert level in Adobe Photoshop and Bridge including in-depth knowledge of retouching, color correction, levels, color enhancing, and the ability to seamlessly manipulate images quickly.
- Good eye for color palettes and fonts.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Extensive experience with captioning to custom style guides.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Total annual compensation is 60k plus bonus.
The above describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management.