Driver Helpers Needed!
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for Driver Helpers to work in our flight kitchen located at the Columbus International airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A Driver Helper is responsible for loading equipment onto trucks, guiding the driver to various types of aircraft, and moving equipment from the truck to the aircraft galley. All activities must be accomplished according to customer guidelines and while adhering to safety regulations.
Job Specific Requirements:
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Current driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Some locations may require a Customs Seal from local airport authority
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive to work on-time
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatchers
- Follow directions
- Work as a member of a team
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Majority of duties performed outside in all weather conditions
- This is a physically demanding position
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (75) pounds
- Must be able to work at heights up to 20-25 feet
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging - Understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring - Influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving - Delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Gourmet - 2 years ago
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...