SERTA MATTRESS-NATIONAL BEDDING COMPANY
Title: RECEIVING/FORKLIFT OPERATOR
Loads and unloads trucks. Operates a standard forklift and related equipment and tools, and moves materials throughout the plant as needed.
*1. Operates standard devices to control forklift functions such as brake and gas pedals, steering wheel and hand levers per approved and safe operating procedures.
*2. Climbs in and out of forklift as needed to manually move materials as needed.
*3. Unloads supply trucks on own or with a helper, moving materials manually or with specific equipment or tools. Loads trucks as needed.
*4. Matches the materials received to the material listed on the manifest.
*5. Restocks inventory as needed.
6. Provides assistance with other Plant functions as requested.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Ability to read and write English
2. Forklift license
3. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Prior experience as a forklift driver
1. Good vision and hearing, and eye/hand coordination is necessary.
2. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by Serta and/or Federal/State/Local agencies.
Work involves exposure to usual hazards found in a manufacturing environment. Work also involves lifting heavy products (up to 100 pounds) and moving/pushing/pulling heavy materials (up to 50 pounds) on a regular basis.
SUPERVISED BY: Plant Manager and Plant Supervisor; may receive direction from the Purchasing Agent