Sets up and operates heart-lung machine, physiological monitoring instrumentation and related ancillary equipment in cardiac surgical procedures.
• Reviews patient's medical history and chart, and consults with surgeon or physician to obtain patient information needed to set up heart-lung machine and associated equipment. Selects, assembles, sets up, and tests heart-lung machine to ensure that machine and associated equipment function according to specifications.
• Operates heart-lung machine to regulate blood circulation and composition, to administer drugs and anesthetic agents, and to control body temperature during surgery or respiratory failure of patient. Monitors and observes operation of heart-lung machine and patient's physiologic variables such as blood temperature, blood composition, and flow rate, and adjusts equipment to maintain normal body functions. Cleans and adjusts parts of heart-lung machine.
• Performs point of care laboratory testing.
• Provides intraoperative autotransfusion for CVT and General OR suite.
• May involve travel to support provision of services at other Kaiser facilities.
• Compiles, records and analizes data.
• Supports STS, ACC, and CCORP registries.
• Sufficient previous clinical experience in perfusion to demonstrate competence in the field.
• Graduate of an approved perfusion technology training program and certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion preferred.
• BLS certification is required.
• Must meet the statutory requirements for Perfusionists listed in the State of California Business and Professions Code Section 2590.
• Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, chemistry, physics and sterile techniques.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...