The Financial Officer role within the Investment Banking Division -Chief Financial Officer Group provides an opportunity to develop a significant financial and strategic perspective of the investment banking business. The position reports to the Global Chief Financial Officer management team of Investment Banking Division. Primary responsibilities of the role include financial reporting & analysis, expense management, and budgeting and forecasting. The position will primarily focus on all aspects of Investment Banking Division direct and allocated expenses as well as contribution and pre-tax income analysis for Global Investment Banking Division.
- Develop in-depth understand of Investment Banking Global and regional direct comp, non comp and allocated expenses and prepare analyses required for strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Analyze data and report on expenses, contribution, pre-tax income, returns, etc. on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Create and monitor budgets and forecasts, create variance analyses for travel and entertainment, client events, charitable donations, sponsorships and market data
- Coordinate with a variety of groups including Investment Banking Division, Investment Banking Finance, Efficiency Management and various Shared Service areas on projects and issues; within Investment Banking Division track and report on Group performance against targets to Group COOs and FOOs
- Various projects, ad hoc requests and presentations for Investment Banking Division Chief Financial Officer and Senior Management
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills are required and should possess the ability to analyze and synthesize data
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interface directly with people at all title levels
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to multitask and able to meet deadlines effectively
- Must be well organized with good prioritization skills and judgment
- Ability to problem-solve independently, proactively investigate variances, work with large data sets efficiently
- Experience (1-3 years) in an analytical role; general knowledge/interest in the investment banking industry
- Accounting/Finance degree (advanced degree and/or certification) preferred
Credit Suisse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
To the extent permitted or required by applicable law, a candidate who is offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check and other background checks.
Credit Suisse - 2 years ago
Credit Suisse (USA) is one of the top US investment banks, offering advisory services on mergers and acquisitions, raising capital,...