As a Cook, you will prepare, cook, handle and store food according to Zoës recipes, quality standards and presentation.
You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment! Our fresh, savory food requires people who follow our recipes and quality standards while serving our customers quickly.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must possess a keen sense of taste and smell. Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
Work Conditions & Hours
Works with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment typical of a restaurant kitchen, including, but not limited to: flattop grill, oven, Panini press, meat slicer, mixer, food processor, dicer, and steam wells. Hours will vary and may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Prior cooking experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of food, including produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and prepared food
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently to turn out meals rapidly
- Personal cleanliness
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, often working on several orders at the same time
- Understanding of safety practices and correct set up, operation, break down and cleaning of all equipment
- Food safety certification, if mandated by state or local law
Born in the Mediterranean and raised in the South, Zoës Kitchen is a natural extension of Zoë Cassimus' lifetime of cooking for...