Boulder Food Rescue is a non-profit organization whose goal is to create a more just and less wasteful food system. We facilitate the redistribution of food "waste" to agencies that feed hungry, homeless, and low-income populations.We work hard to accomplish our work with minimal environmental impact and right now more than 95% of our food transportation is accomplished via human-power (bicycles and trailers), which is no small feat considering that we have rescued nearly 400,000 pounds of food in two years.
As people move away from Boulder or change their schedules, we find new volunteers to take over their weekly shifts, ensuring that all of the food reaches the right people. Right now, we are looking for a person to take on the task of keeping our system of volunteers running smoothly and efficiently.
1) Recruiting New Volunteers:
-Attending volunteer fairs, engaging past volunteers, and networking with other non-profits to find new weekly volunteers.
2) Training New Volunteers:
- Facilitating a new volunteer orientation every week, helping them sign up for new shifts, and coordinating our team of volunteer trainers to train the new volunteers.
3) Leading the "Covering Shift Crew"
- Organizing our team of coordinators and other volunteers to cover temporarily absent shifts. This involves working with a group of 10-15 people to figure out who on the team is going to cover which shifts on any given week.
- Current college student, college graduate, or equivalent work experience.
- Self directed and takes initiative, highly reliable.
- Strong relationship building, outgoing, and an ability to engage new volunteers.
- Passionate about the mission of the organization.
idealist.org - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard