The Executive Producer leads a team to deliver news in the digital age; produces newscasts as well as online content. This position oversees production of other news programming as assigned. The Executive Producer helps create, develop and implement strategies to improve product and ratings. In addition, the incumbent:
• Makes decisions relating to coverage, content and implementation of show direction.
• Focuses staff on direction and content of stories or live segments in newscast.
• Works with multi-media reporters/photographers to determine direction of stories and expectations.
• Works closely with assignment desk on coverage, story selection, live coverage, assignment of reporters and crews.
• Collaborates with producers on rundowns, story selection, formats, graphics, content and pace and flow of newscast.
• Initiates long term planning for news coverage and sweeps periods.
Essential Job Functions
55% - Oversee production of newscasts. Implements key strategies to improve product and ratings
20% - Oversees production of online news content.
15% - Critiques daily newscasts and coaches members of news team to maximize delivery on approved strategic initiatives.
10% - Oversees special projects and coverage for sweeps, significant news events, etc.
All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Three to five years experience as a news producer in a top 20 market.
Experience as a newsroom manager preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Newsroom computer systems.
Must be able to supervise, coach and motivate staff.
Meredith Corporation - 22 months ago
Meredith may be the true domestic goddess of media. A home and family media firm, Meredith publishes magazines, special interest...