• Provides staff support under the guidance of assigned project, line or matrix leadership, such as Compliance Coordinator, Compliance Manager, Compliance Director and/or Chief Compliance Officer.
• Assists leadership in research, analysis, documentation, development, administration and/or coordination of compliance activities pertaining to (but not limited to) the following, as assigned:
o Internal compliance-related policies, procedures, standards, guidance and best practices.
o External laws, regulations, case law, public policy and official opinions
Compliance risk evaluations and assessments, along with the correlating annual planning process.
o Market conduct exams, regulated complaints and other regulatory inquiries.
o Compliance issue identification, tracking, and corrective action monitoring, validation and reporting.
o Compliance reviews and investigatory actions.
o Compliance infrastructure, controls, communications, awareness and culture-building activities.
o Compliance and ethics-related training.
o Reporting and administrative support.
o Active participation and collaboration and/or joint leadership in support of local or regional and cross-business unit project works teams, conferences, committees and miscellaneous working groups with regard to any of the areas mentioned above, as assigned.
• Specialized focus on approximately four (4) of the activities listed in the Job Summary.
• Combination of listed compliance activities, subject to variation depending on designated focus of immediate compliance team, fluctuating schedule priorities and complement of specifically assigned tasks or projects.
• Peer collaboration and calibration, 1:1 meetings with direct supervisor, staff meetings, employee engagement support, staff development, e-conferences, team building events.
• Administrative activities.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Ability to influence, gain commitment and effectively handle conflict.
• Ability to work independently to provide proactive, consultative, strategic support, advice, research, and subject matter expertise to business unit or product/business leadership and associated product/business teams on regulatory compliance matters.
• Ability to analyze and develop recommendations to solve complex and ambiguous problems.
• Excellent research skills.
• Ability to identify and analyze insurance laws and regulations for application to business operations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to independently organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to work collaboratively and support the business unit or product/business leadership while maintaining independence in a compliance oversight role.
• Compliance expertise and experience in group life and disability products and group regulatory requirements.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
• Four year college degree.
• Completion of or actively pursuing FLMI or CLU designation.
Five years experience in insurance industry, including preferably 18 months experience with FIG.
Preferred work experience areas include Compliance (esp. Compliance Specialist I), Commercial or Personal Lines, Claims, Auditing and Distribution.
Special Skills Requirements
Experienced and capable in using/navigating Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...