Job Description:Position Summary:|
As part of the Winnovation team interface with
marketing, other Parker Divisions and customers to
translate market needs and trends into the development
and introduction of innovative products.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
The Project Engineer – Innovation researches new product
ideas, methods, and practices relating to company
products based on marketing and engineering directives;
initialize development or co-develop technologies with
other Parker Divisions that will have direct application
to control products; and provide technology transfer, as
needed, to Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality
generation/breakthrough products and process technology
- Responsible for development of next
in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
testing, scaleup, and commercialization.
- Drive the Design process from conception to pilot
needs and trends into technology programs and goals
- Interface with Winnovation team to translate market
users in selected target market segments in concert with
- Conduct coordinated discovery interviews with OEM’s and
cross functional team. Will interface with various
customer personnel to determine both articulated and
unarticulated needs in order to develop products that
meet/exceed customer needs while maximizing value in
and IP) and use the information to develop value added
- Understand the competitive landscape (product offerings
and differentiated products
new technology. Will conduct research on new
- work closely with the manufacturing team to implement
technologies available outside of Parker.
- Consult on technical and product quality related issues
by working closely with marketing, and manufacturing
- Address customer product quality issues as they arise
teams and solving technical problems
and effective solutions to customers.
- Leverage core competencies of Parker to provide quick
activities as part of all major projects. These include
- Responsible for implementing project accountability
maintenance of project files for assigned projects,
development and maintenance of project timetables,
formalized Design Reviews (PFS vs. Actual), Failure Mode
and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Project financial analysis
and product validation (Test).
profitability goals and will be accountable for
- Will work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop
achieving these goals.
confirm performance, reliability, durability, and
- Create design layouts and detail individual parts
- Design and carry out experiments that scientifically
- Create prototype drawings and monitor prototype
- Perform other duties as responsibilities necessitate
- Estimated 25% travel will be required for this.
Qualifications:-BSME/BSEE or related degree with a solid
understanding of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
bringing to market innovative products.
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated success in identifying and
control systems and components. Knowledge of compact
- Hands on industry knowledge with an emphasis on motion
hydraulic systems and components.
- Track record of New Product Development success and
(coordinate, document, track, organize, timeline
- Program Management skills for new product development
development and management. )
levels of people both internal and external.
- Presentation Skills. Ability to interact with all
handle multiple functions simultaneously.
- Excellent Organizational Skills with the ability to
existing outside technologies. Conveying all known
- Excellent Communication and Listening Skills.
- Research necessary to determine patentability.
- Handle all initial patent disclosure and IP of new or
patent and IP research to internal organization.
selection and product.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, materials
development, DCP's and AQP Process.
- Solid understanding of DFMEA, PFMEA, process flow
- PC literate (MS Office, Lotus Notes and Solid Model CAD
The essential functions have been provided as examples
of the type of work performed by employees assigned to
this job classification. The Company reserves the right
to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable
accommodations so that qualified employees can perform
the essential functions. The job description is not
intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and
responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general
nature of the position.
Req. Code : 9174
Division/Department : CIC - SVD Headquarters
Other Skills : Lead the development of next
generation/breakthrough products and systems related to
the HVAC&R industry in a multi-disciplinary team
environment. Coordinate prototype development and lab
testing as it relates to the product/system being
designed. Initiate, evaluate and analyze results of new
development test programs. Lead Winovation project teams
in developing new products and/or systems. Utilize CAD
software to design new products and participate in the
preparation, checking and releasing of detail drawings.
Conduct analysis and/or tests pertaining to the
development of new designs, methods, materials or
processes and completes required documentation by
applying standard engineering principals. Participates
with a cross functional team to conduct discovery
interviews with OEM’s and end users.
Parker-Hannifin operates on a big scale (its motion control equipment helped sink a replica of the Titanic in the Academy Award-winning...