The Unix Platform Operations Manager will provide hands on HP-UX and Linux operational administration facilitating incident and problem resolution including platform and service vulnerability remediation. Additionally, this role provides management oversight for other system administration resources ensuring operational, compliance and project quality are maintained and consistently delivered. A person in this role will conduct and guide associates through OS-level and common service application patch planning, installation and coordination, general capacity planning, VMWare vSphere management and patching, and maintain high levels of platform and service availability.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Unix Platform Operations Manager is also expected to:
- Resolve difficult HP-UX and Linux server related issues
- Define alterations and capacity upgrades to the current server environments
- Mentor team members through ITIL process implementations
- Help establish and implement enterprise class standards for UNIX infrastructure
- Provide platform technical leadership
- Participate in DR testing as needed
- Work irregular hours implementing scheduled maintenance
- Participate and ensure adequate coverage for the technical on-call rotation
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
High school diploma/GED required
Job Related Experience
preferably with a track record of career growth and managing resources.
- 8+ years’ experience in a fast-paced systems support or engineering position
Additional skills/ knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience HP-UX and Linux (Redhat) systems administration experience
- Understanding of the PCI-DSS and standard security best practices
- Administration and knowledge VMware vSphere
- Prefer knowledge and working experience with Apache Tomcat and Oracle GlassFish
- Tool creation and scripting experience utilizing shell, perl or python.
- Patch and update provisioning experience with Red Hat Network Satellite Server or Spacewalk preferred.
- Strong understanding of common data communication concepts, technologies and network/software configuration management.
- Strong written and verbal communication, as well as, organization and documentation skills.
- Strong customer service skills to deliver quality results in a demanding environment.
- Able to work well under pressure and within short time constraints.
- Individual must interact extensively with all levels of management, business and IT, and is required to act in a professional and confident manner.
- Self-motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
- Red Hat CSA or CE preferred
- HP CSA, CSE (HPUX) preferred
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.