MicroEdge is looking to add a Linux Administrator to our quickly growing IT and Development team! MicroEdge creates software and services for the philanthropic community. We are a place where creativity is rewarded, collaboration and teamwork are standard, and open-mindedness is a given. A smart, dynamic, and very international group, employees at MicroEdge approach their work knowing that the quality of the software and services they develop goes far beyond the desks of the grants management community.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Administration and support of RedHat Linux in a production SaaS environment
- Awareness of security and compliance standards such as PCI/DSS
- Support high-availability, recovery, security, monitoring and automation systems to
provide superior availability
- Knowledge of SELinux, Apache, Apache Tomcat, MySQL
- Administer DNS zones, SSL certificates and load balancing services
- Work with development team to deploy code in Java environment
- Solve capacity planning and scalability issues
- Provide 24x7 support for production environment
- Assist in administration and support of development and staging environments
- Implement and enforce standards, change management procedures and documentation
- Recommend and implement new systems as necessary
- Strong Linux/Unix background (including kernel configuration capabilities)
- Knowledge of Linux installation, single user mode, NFS, network configuration
- Extensive knowledge of server hardware installation, maintenance and optimization,
RAID configuration, etc.
- Knowledge of server hardening, logwatch, logrotate, patch management and
system update, cron, auditd, ClamAV, Tripwire, HIDS, tcpwrapper, facl permissions
- Knowledge of monitoring and capacity management, Hyperic, Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, etc.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN networking, SAN, firewalling, application delivery systems,
Cisco IOS, DNS, QoS, LDAP, email
- Knowledge of MySQL administration including replication, backup and recovery
- Scripting experience, i.e. shell scripting, Perl, etc.
- Experience with open source tools and applications
- Production support of medium size web environment running the LAMP stack
- Understanding of PCI compliance and security best practices
- Networking knowledge (TCP handshaking, routing, networking protocols, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization, VMWare, etc.
- Knowledge of load balancers
- Java/Tomcat environment -- building (ant) and deploying Java code
- Networking knowledge, WireShark, tcpdump, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, SSH, LDAP,
SNMP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA relevant to systems and network engineering (e.g. Computer Science, Electronics)
and/or comparable work experience/certification
- A minimum of 2 years Linux systems administration experience
- RedHat Linux Certification, A+ Certification a plus
- Experience with 24/7 production web environment
- Candidate must have ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects efficiently and work well in team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving expertise and attention to detail
- Proven track record in working in a project-based environment
MicroEdge offers an excellent compensation and employee benefit package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 401(K) , generous paid time off, travel assistance and more!
Click the apply button to complete our short application process--it should take you less than 5 minutes!
Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Apply To This Job
MicroEdge, LLC - 18 months ago