High school plus short term training in office procedures. Less than one year experience in a clerical position.
Primary Job Functions
• Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards. Adheres to JCAHO and ACR guidelines.
• Provides assistance, guidance, and direction to visitors and patients. Ascertains the nature of their business; assists and/or directs visitors and patients to various locations in the hospital when appropriate.
• Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers. Receives flowers, telegrams, and other items and notifies appropriate personnel. Performs light typing, operates a copy machine or related office machinery in performing assigned duties.
• Enters and retrieves data from established computer files. Gathers and inputs information into the hospital order system .
• Must become proficient, within 6 weeks, on the Radiology Information System (RIS) and the hospital computer systems.
• Hangs films on the alternator for Radiologist to read and takes films down, puts them into the correct X-Ray jacket and files them.
• Pulls, files, checks out/in, and makes copies of all radiology films as needed.
• Schedules outpatients for exams and must learn all preps for exams within 6 weeks.
• Assists Radiology Technologists with daily, routine activities such as clearing cassettes, stocking exam rooms, change requests, exam set-up, patient attention and printer calibration.
• Attends meetings as required.
• Performs other functions as required.