Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae helps turn education dreams into reality for 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments.
The Channel Marketing Manager (Online Acquisition) will be responsible for leading all acquisition efforts in the online paid search and online media channels. In addition, the manager may support other online acquisitions channels such as email, , lead generation, affiliate marketing and other direct to consumer online tactics. This position is responsible for developing the acquisition strategy for multiple Sallie Mae products, with a majority of focus on Upromise Credit Card and New Member Acquisitions Card marketing. In addition, this person will be responsible for:
*Develop and implement an online customer acquisition plan that focuses on driving quality traffic to yield high conversion rates at efficient and sustainable Cost to Acquire (CTA).
*Develop, implement, and manage search engine marketing strategies, campaigns, and associated budgets in support of marketing goals and strategies. This includes keyword strategies and mining, advising agency on PPC ad copy, and working with internal stakeholders for marketing approval.
*Manage relationships with media vendors and key portals and publishers to buy media across multiple pricing models (CPM, CPC, and CPA) and execute media plans.
*Act as day-to-day contact with marketing agencies, ensuring all timelines and budgets are met.
*Work with cross-functional teams to supervise, concept, produce, and implement all online creative elements of advertising/marketing campaigns including Internet pages, banners, ad copy, and email.
In addition, he/she will partner with Web Strategy to ensure that the visitor web site is on strategy and consistent with external communications. The Manager of Online Acquisition is expected to be a leader within Sallie Mae and as such, should be willing and able to provide strategic support and thought leadership outside of their direct area of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develop internet acquisition marketing plans for all Sallie Mae products -- Develop all plans for cross-product internet acquisition activities to prospects. Plans should be based on analysis of marketing costs, estimated response rates, conversion rates and the ultimate value of the product to the firm. -- 25%
2. Campaign Execution -- Manage internet acquisition marketing campaigns (Affiliate, Search, Display Media, .COM, etc.) including briefing the creative team, managing the overall creative development and review process, and ensuring that the campaign is flawlessly executed with the vendor. -- 25%
3. Manage Vendor Relationships -- Provide thought leadership for cross-functional teams to develop solutions for the greater marketing team, including partnering with web analytics and web strategy to ensure a world-class visitor site experience. -- 15%
4. Analysis/Reporting - Identify, analyze, and drive necessary market research and provide regular channel/product analysis and updates to Senior Management -- 25%
5. Manage Internet Acquisition Product Marketing Budget -- Plan, track and optimize the marketing budget for internet acquisition products including managing agency/partner budgets, accrual process, and optimizing spend to ensure the budget is best leveraged across all products. -- 10%
*7-10 years of business/consumer marketing experience
*3-5 years of experience in Digital and Online Marketing with demonstrated performance in Direct Response. (Including search engine marketing, display media, lead generation/affiliate partnerships, web/campaign analytics)
*A thorough understanding of online campaign set-up from beginning to end (from creative design through tacking and analysis).
*Exceptional analytical skills to evaluate campaign effectiveness and make recommendations
*Up to date on the latest digital marketing trends, best practices
*Experience with Web Analytic and MVT tools such as Omniture and Optimost
*Strong consumer behavior, direct marketing and/or segment management skills
*Proficiency in developing and presenting marketing plans, goals, strategies and budget/forecast to senior management.
*Team player with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence multi-functional team
*Financial Services and Banking industry background, specifically Credit Card marketing
*Ability to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
*Strong business and project/program management skills
*Strong grasp of segmentation and customer acquisition and development
*Experience managing a direct to consumer marketing campaign including writing a creative brief and coordinating the development of marketing materials for online tactics.
*Experience managing a small team.
*Demonstrated ability to think creatively in developing customer acquisition/engagement programs.
*Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
*Experienced user of all Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
Sallie Mae - 16 months ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...