Certified Dietary Manager
At Consulate Health Care, we’ve succeeded because of our employees – a caring team of highly trained professionals who are committed to providing health services with compassion, honesty, integrity and respect.
From short-term transitional care and rehabilitation to long-term nursing and Alzheimer’s care, you help us achieve excellence by setting and exceeding high standards in healthcare. We are a proud network of people who care for our residents. At Consulate, you can build a challenging and rewarding career with competitive benefits, and a full range of opportunities for professional growth."
The Certified Dietary Manager is responsible for management of the Dietary Department in a manner which exemplifies Consulate Health Care's standard of operational excellence, to include but not limited to creating an environment in which employees demonstrate respect and compassion for one another and everyone they come into contact with and business practices are conducted with honesty and integrity. The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Food Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Executive Director, to ensure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that hte Food Services Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. As a Consulate Health Care Certified Dietary Manager, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care's five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and ensure implementation of current policies and procedures concerning food procurement, preparation and service, which reflect compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines
- Ensure that dietary expenses are within budgetary limits. Maintain current written record of department expenditures and provide financial records and cost reports to the Administrator and Dietitian, as required.
- Recruit and hire a sufficient number of qualified staff to deliver adequate, efficient dietary services. Develope a schedule for dietary staff
- Completes a diet history of each resident.
- With the Dietitian, determine menus, including modified diet menus, and maintain a file of tested recipes.
- Conduct periodic surveys of residents, both written and through personal visits, to evaluate resident preferences and options.
- Establish and maintain productive lines of communication between dietary services and other facility department/facilities.
- Monitor dietary personnel to ensure required tasks are being performed in a manner prescribed by policy and procedure.
- Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
- Attend and participate in facility's quality improvement and infection control programs.
- Supervise Dining Services.
- Ensure that a tray card system for food preferences in kept current.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining an on-going quality assurance program for the Dining Services Department.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Be a graduate of, or enrolled in an accredited course in dietary training approved by the American Dietetic Association.
- Completion of a state approved program for food Service Manager.
- Minimum of two years experience in food service in a health care facility, with some supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of infection control, safety and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
Consulate Health Care Services
- 2 years ago - save job