Oracle DBA with a TS/SCI w/CI Poly
Location: Herndon, VA
**Must be a US citizen with an active TS/SCI w/CI Poly Clearance**
- 6+ years of experience with Oracle and PL/SQL. Database Administration
- , Data Architecture, 10g, and 11g experience a plus.
Must have some Exadata experience
Experience in technical leadership and database design, administration and support experience, including demonstrated experience working with structured methodologies and participating in the design and development of large-scale applications in a distributed computing environment.
Proficiency in business analysis, event modeling, data modeling, logical and physical database design, data acquisition analysis and design, data access analysis and design, DBMS optimization, archive and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security, and change management
- Expert experience with relational database platform architecture, design, administration and support.
- Expert application infrastructure experience.
- Ability to mentor application developers in regard to database design and administration.
- Perform platform upgrades as required to all database environments (MSSQL & Oracle)
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Implement and maintain database security; database tuning and performance monitoring. Maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
Desired Skills (NOT REQUIRED)
**some Cloud Architecture - Mapping level to the Cloud experience**
- In-depth knowledge of RHEL Linux is a plus
- Experience with HP Proliant, HP Bladesystem, Virtual Connect, Flex-10, Flex Fabric or similar
- Experience with VMware ESXi/Vsphere
- Experience with HP, IBM, NetApp and/or EMC storage platforms
- Experience with fiber channel SAN (Brocade and/or Cisco) configuration
- Experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting high-performance network file systems (i.e. NFS, CIFS, etc.)
- LDAP and/or Active Directory integration experience
- Experience with NDMP for efficient file-level backups
- Experience with proprietary software deployed on Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Gentoo, Ubuntu)