GMCR is motivated to achieve success because the more profitable we are, the more good we can do in the world. We create the ultimate beverage experience in every life we touch from tree to cup, transforming the way people do business.
SUMMARY: The Item Setup Specialist is responsible for all GMC Enterprise Item Setup and Audit functions. Product groups include raw materials item, resellable goods, bill of materials, gift boxes, supply items, green coffee, and other product groups as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : None.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Assigns item numbers for new products of all varieties, green, WIP, roasted coffee finished goods, resellable goods, gift boxes, supplies, etc., for all businesses in Green Mountain Coffee Enterprise.
- Assembles item set up data and inputs this data consistently, and in multiple data levels, into the PeopleSoft (PS) database in order to create information with integrity that meets the needs of the buying and analysis teams.
- Collaborates with Enterprise buyers, planners, coffee department, and project managers in order to ensure that the data and fields being used for item setup meet the holistic needs of the organization.
- Maintains active, inactive and discontinued items. Responsible for updating purchase price, item attributes – both purchasing and planning attributes, make/buy source codes, and standard costs.
- Copies items, BOMs, and routings across multiple manufacturing units as needed.
- Facilitates the acquisition of vendor setup information and the update of any existing supplier information in order to facilitate purchases and minimize variances.
- Creates and administers item setup forms designed to aid the buyers in gathering the information required by the database, and in creating consistency across the Enterprise item database.
- Audits item database and upgrades information as needed.
- Interacts with outside vendors to aid the process of data collection as needed.
- Ensures that the PS item data contains information needed to support Enterprise customer need, such as pallet configurations, case packs, measurements, etc. Works with the Sales and Marketing Support teams, as well as other customer-facing groups, to consistently provide this information.
- Participates in company committees for process improvement or cross-functional interaction.
- Facilitates communication, including documentation management, and participates in the creation and update of process documentation around item setup and usage in our PeopleSoft database.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Associates Degree in Business, Technology or related experience in the field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a procurement field preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, quality and strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of audit techniques with regards to the maintenance of data integrity.
- Ability to work with both buyers and planners to determine and interpret business needs.
- Strong problem solving skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet challenging deadlines.
- Strong computer skills –data entry, database management and PeopleSoft would be ideal.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures.
All offers of employment made by the company are contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, background checks, pre-employment medical assessment (which may include drug screening) to ensure you are physically able to perform the duties inherent in the position, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. The examination must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, and references. In addition, as a condition of employment, the company is required, under current federal regulations to certify the legal status of all employees. All employment at GMCR is contingent upon the employee presenting and maintaining authorization to work in the United States. Therefore, on your first day of employment, it will be important that you provide documentation proving both your identity and authorization to work in the United States. GMCR is an E-Verify employer and EOE.
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...