Behavioral Health Associate
Source of Funding:
Civil Service Classification:
Return to Previous Page
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
• Immediately reports extreme and dangerous changes in client's condition and/or behavior to medical personnel and hazardous conditions which can endanger the well-being of clients, visitors and hospital staff to the appropriate personnel.
• Safely escorts patients to/from internal and external destinations as required; assists clinical personnel in transferring patients to/from assigned departments as required.
• Advises and addresses the treatment team of issues or situations that require follow-up care and/or immediate or additional attention, informing the Head Nurse of such situations.
• Identifies patient characteristics and environmental variables that may trigger agitated behaviors and violence and communicates this information to the treatment team; demonstrates competency in dealing with potentially violent patients.
• Effectively utilizes crisis intervention/de-escalation practices and non-physical behavioral management techniques with patients whose behavior cannot be otherwise supported without such interventions.
• Demonstrates competency and assists in the application and removal of restraints and the implementation of seclusion when deemed necessary by appropriate personnel; demonstrates awareness of the possibility of physical and/or emotional injury to the patient during the application and utilization of restraints and/or the implementation of seclusion and ensures the physical and emotional health and safety of the patient when using such methods.
• Adheres to all relevant corporate, hospital and regulatory policies and procedures regarding patient safety.
• An Associate's degree in criminal justice, social services or a health related area; or
• A High School diploma or a G.E.D and two years of full-time experience in law enforcement, nursing or psychiatric/behavioral health in a high volume, intensive care environment; or
• A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience. However, all candidates must possess a minimum of a High School diploma or a G.E.D.
• Life support certification (BLS}.
• All positions are subject to a background investigation.
NYC Health + Hospitals
- 3 years ago - save job
The Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County, Indianapolis, Indiana, operates two service divisions: the Public Health Division for...