Building and Land Surveyors
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Tampa, FL staff as a Survey Technician. In this role you will perform entry-level Geomatics work under the supervision of senior-level technical staff. The successful candidate will be proficient with CAD and GIS.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Quickly and efficiently determines best course of action for assigned Geomatics field work, establishing a plan of attack and the project specific system for the Geomatics services to be performed, and properly identifying the specific survey equipment to be utilized. This may include GPS, Data Collectors, Robotic Total Stations, Scanners, Laptop Computers, Wireless communication devices, etc.
- Quickly and accurately performs field portion of task using available equipment and personnel. This may include construction staking, asbuilts, topographic, hydrographic, utility, property, etc.
- Reduces and analyzes relevant raw data on site using applicable software such as a least squares based program.
- Utilizes CAD software to prepare or adjust maps and drawings on site when applicable.
- Makes on site calculations when applicable using applicable COGO packages in the data collector software or laptop.
- Performs any other necessary and/or applicable research while in project vicinity.
- Utilizes GIS software to collect data, attribute features, and produce maps while on site.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics, Engineering, Land Surveying or a related discipline is required.
- An LSIT license is preferred.
- Math/trigonometry computation ability; knowledge of CAD software; knowledge of ArcGIS; good communications skills (verbal and written, including technical writing); analytical ability; ability to innovate and improvise are all required skills.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to operate as a one person field unit. Operating field equipment, calculator, CAD based software, and GIS based software are required. The ability to interpret legal descriptions and field notes, effectively communicate findings, and make recommendations required.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.