DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
The DuPont Engineering Technology organization (DuET) translates R&D and Business needs into competitive processes, products and equipment. We provide a competitive advantage and solutions to DuPont Businesses by leveraging solutions across the corporation. We have an exciting opportunity for a
Rotating Machinery Lubrication Engineer/Consultant
to work in the corporate Engineering function that supports DuPont operating plants with technical issues and capital projects related to Lubrication Technology. We have multiple locations, in Houston, TX and Wilmington, DE so this job position is flexible.
An ideal candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
international standards) for selecting, applying, storing filtering and handling lubricants for plant equipment including but not limited to gearboxes, lubricated flexible couplings, variable speed fluid drives, hydraulic power systems, electric motors and general plant equipment requirements.
- Analyze rotating machinery operating problems, provide operating and maintenance support by providing lubricant recommendations and helping implement overall plant lubrication system solutions used at DuPont.
- Identify and promote lubricant best practices (including national and
- Work with DuPont Sourcing to develop, maintain, and promote company-wide purchasing strategies for lubricant suppliers (both domestically and internationally) and the DuPont Used Oil Analysis Program.
- Specify lubricants and lubricant handling storage and dispensing solutions across a wide variety of equipment used in chemical, polymer, and biological processes and conditions.
- Occasionally assess lubricants suppliers blending, packaging and delivery capabilities to provide lubricants to DuPont plants primarily in North American, but in Asia in the future.
- Lead and coordinate corporate-wide teams (LubeNet leadership) and other project initiatives.
- Support site maintenance personnel during equipment overhauls and unscheduled outages- i.e., emergency repairs related to possible lubrication system failures or misapplications.
- Work with other consultants, plant and business personnel, suppliers
- Represent business unit client interests and monitor progress in Original Equipment Manufacturer’s or 3rd party repair shops.
- Support development and updating of DuPont Corporate Engineering Lubrication Standards and the DuPont Lubrication Handbook.
inspection, start-up, troubleshooting and operation of various equipment
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering coupled with five years or more experience in the lubricants industry in a sales or technical service capacity serving industrial clients in the repair or troubleshooting of rotating machinery and chemical process equipment lubrication systems.
- Must be able to travel to DuPont facilities, equipment manufacturers, and repair shops.
- A general knowledge of the interworkings of the lubricants industry (lubricant formulation, blending, packaging, and finished product distribution)
- Understanding of lubricants, lubricant formulations and how to apply this knowledge to proper lubricant selection based on equipment applications and performance needs
- Ability to apply lubrication theory and experience to the application,
lubrication systems in all types of industrial equipment applications
multi-function team environment.
- Familiarity with API; ISO; AGMA and SAE lubricant classification systems and standards
- Great time management skills including the ability to manage a substantial work load.
- Interpersonal skills for developing a client base and working in a
external resources to provide timely cost effective solutions.
- Networking capability to effectively leverage other corporate and
Internet, and Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel,
- Computer and PC literate-Working knowledge of using E-mail, the
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills necessary to sell integrated engineering solutions.
Candidates applying for this position should be self-motivated and possess good time management, networking, and interpersonal skills for working in a multi-function, diverse, and dynamic work environment. Good oral and written communication skills are necessary to sell integrated engineering solutions.
Occasional travel (up to 25%): usually 2 to 3 days at a time – sometimes on short notice and requires night or weekend effort to resolve critical problems. Some travel outside the US is possible.
Lubrication specific certifications from either the STLE (CLS/OMA) or the International Council for Machinery Lubrication (MLT/MLA), familiarity with API; ISO; AGMA and SAE lubricant classification systems and standards, a professional engineering license, six sigma training, demonstrated leadership skills through involvement in technical societies, and multi-lingual capability would be a definite plus.
This position will be a full time assignment. Flexible work schedules, adjustable work hours, and other accepted work practices could be utilized to accommodate special needs or circumstances.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
Mechanical Engineering Consultant
North America-USA-Delaware-WILMINGTON-CHESTNUT RUN PLAZA [DUPONT](1890)
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
DuPont - 2 years ago
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...