We are seeking a seasoned youth development professional with at least 2 years of management experience to be the Program Manager for our Youth Engagement Zone at Leadership High School in San Francisco. If you have a passion for empowering youth through meaningful service-learning and social change, then buildOn is the right place for you!
The role of the Program Manager is to manage an on-site service-learning program, to engage 150 students weekly, in the classroom, during lunch, and after school. He or she will be responsible for managing and supporting one other program staff to achieve programmatic goals, as well as developing and implementing new buildOn local and national program initiatives.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate significant accomplishments as a youth developer, and must have a minimum of 2 years of management experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector. He or she must be self-motivated, creative, and possess strong organizational skills. They must have considerable knowledge and demonstrated success in the field of Youth Development and Service Learning. They must have experience providing training and professional development for staff and knowledge of the Public School System as well as some familiarity with the Non-Profit Sector.
Who We Are:
buildOn is breaking the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through service and education. For the past two decades buildOn has mobilized urban youth to lift up their communities and change the world through volunteer service.
In buildOn's afterschool programs across the U.S., urban youth contribute intensive community service tutoring children, feeding the homeless and volunteering at senior citizen homes. buildOn takes these same students, many of whom have rarely traveled outside their own neighborhoods, to some of the poorest countries on the planet to build schools.
buildOn is now running 151 intensive after-school service programs in 73 urban high schools across the U.S. where students have contributed over 1 million hours of service in their cities. We have also built 500 schools in some of the economically poorest countries on the planet. There are more than 77,000 children, parents and grand-parents attending buildOn schools every day. To learn more about buildOn visit www.buildOn.org .
Summary of Program Manager Duties:
- Oversee the program activities for the program, including the core activities: service, sponsorship, education.
- Supervise a Program Coordinator in their efforts to recruit, motivate and retain buildOn members to reach buildOn program goals.
- Supervise all program events in the zone: including program meetings, weekends and holiday service, ongoing service opportunities and School wide service days.
- Work directly with students in buildOn programs to mentor and develop these students to reach their full potential
- Monitor and submit monthly progress reports through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to manager.
- Manage and track program budget.
- Cultivate and Manage relationship with the schools, principals, faculty and surrounding community
- Manage annual outside evaluator assessment and evaluation.
- Encourage and implement professional development for program staff
- Work closely with other Program Managers to assess, grow and improve regional programming
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Relevant 4 year degree
- Highly results oriented
- Minimum 2 years experience in management
- History of success and accomplishment through management
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for youth development
Benefits and Salary
- Strong communication, organizational, project planning and team management skills required
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, initiative, problem solving skills and creative ability desired
- Experience with community service, service learning, volunteerism, global education or cross cultural experience, and leadership development
- Ability to adapt to a flexible, fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Team player and positive attitude is a must
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 1 weekend a month
Salary for this position is starting at $42,000. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
buildOn is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. For additional information, please visit our website at www.buildOn.org
idealist.org - 14 months ago