Under the direction of the Manager, plan, direct, supervise and coordinate of hourly and salary personnel in a manufacturing site in accordance with company policy and practices, operating schedules and controls for multiple shifts. For salary personnel this position supervises the planners and the purchasing buyer. In addition, the quality engineer has a dotted line reporting relationship to this position.
- Administer continuous improvement and lean manufacturing programs to effect improved operations, more economical labor costs and better utilization of resources.
- Authorize and coordinate revisions to established production schedules as required by break-ins, customer requests or other interruptions in production.
- Service as the contact, after normal working hours for customers, company salespeople, utilities, law enforcement agencies, local fire department and other as necessary.
- Coordinate carbon seal manufacturing to meet pre-assigned schedules and programs.
- Analyze production, quality and performance records to determine if production standards are maintained.
- Assist the Manager with plants budgetary preparation on an annual basis.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, safety standards, ergonomic programs and good housekeeping practices.
- Make arrangements for emergency shipments to customer and Company warehouses
- Manage maintenance and plant engineering functions.
- Authorize within spending levels all raw material and MRO purchases in line with budgetary goals.
- Serve on various internal groups and committees, such as safety.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY:
Bachelors Degree in Business or related fields with 8 – 10 years supervisory experience to become familiar with products, methods and techniques of the department. Must have knowledge of personal computers and machining practices CNC programming is a plus.
John Crane - 20 months ago