As a Housekeeping Supervisor, you would be responsible for leading, training and supervising Room Attendants and Housepersons in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Qualifications and experience
- Lead, train and supervise Room Attendants and Housepersons on a floor or designated area to ensure all rooms and public areas meet established cleanliness and quality standards.
- Assess inventory of, assign for cleaning and inspect rooms.
- Verify and report status and/or discrepancies of rooms.
- Monitor payroll reports, work schedules, lost and found program, stock rooms and carts and designated inventories.
- Communicate and coordinate with Engineering/ Property Operations to ensure efficient maintenance and repair of items related to guest rooms and public areas.
- Perform Room Attendant and/or Houseperson duties, as needed.
- Assist in performance evaluations of Room Attendants and Housepersons, as needed.
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Other related duties as assigned by management
Hours: Due to the seasonal nature of the hospitality industry, and the fact that the hotel provides guest services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any employee may be required to work rotating shifts, night shifts, and/or overtime. Also, depending on the season, hours may be reduced at any time.
- Ability to write and speak English fluently. knowledge of other languages, especially Spanish and/or Haitian Creole is preferred.
- Knowledge of inventories, scheduling and productivity.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. High school math level required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other team members verbally and in written form.
- Ability to inspect 25 to 80 rooms per day.
- Ability to clean rooms, when needed.
- Physically able to move and/or operate large objects, such as: housekeeping carts, suite furniture, large bags of linen, vacuum cleans and boxes of inventory
- Ability to follow and enforce all hotel standards, including safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate computer.
- 1-2 years of housekeeping supervisory experience in hotel preferred.
- 4 or more years hotel housekeeping experience.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as specified in the hotel's Standards of Appearance and Grooming Standards.
EEO / Drug-Free Worplace
If you need a bed for the night, Hilton Worldwide (formerly Hilton Hotels) has a few hundred thousand of them. The company is one of the...