SMS is currently seeking a Senior Unix/Linux Engineer to join the team.
SMS is looking for a senior level engineer Unix System Engineer to support a large scale IT production environment. Candidates must posses a solid understanding of Unix environments. Applicants must currently have an active Top Secret clearance with SCI access.
1.Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2.Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3.Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4.Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5.Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6.Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7.Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8.Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9.Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10.Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11.Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13.Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
• Oracle Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 installation and configuration.
• Experience with Oracle/Sun M-Series and T-Series machines.
• Familiar with Solaris virtualization in both logical domains and zones.
• Experience with SAN storage and fiber channel environments.
• In depth knowledge of ZFS file system and configuration.
• Experience with clustered file systems.
• Familiar with installation and configuration of RedHat Enterprise Linux.
• Worked with Red Hat Linux Kickstart process.
• Experience with RedHat Satellite server and Oracle Operations Center.
• Strong scripting and shell skills (Perl, shell, Python etc).
• Must process strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with VMWare and virtualized UNIX environments.
• Worked with Security Technical Implementation Guides.
• Experience with Cisco routers and switches.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and configuration .
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.