Scientist- Large Molecule, Caliper GMP
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Wayne
position has the same purpose and objective of the Associate Scientist position but differs in
the level of expertise and supervision required. A Scientist is expected to possess a more thorough
understanding of laboratory procedures and can reliably conduct more complex analysis.
Ideal candidate will have 2-plus years of cGMP and Large Molecule experience (SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, ELISA, HPLC). Caliper or similar technology experience required.
Education and Experience:
- B.S./B.A. in Chemistry or related field with of 2 years experience in analytical testing laboratory.
- Associates degree in laboratory science with 6 years of hands on laboratory experience.
- Non-degreed with 8 years of hands on Pharmaceutical laboratory experience.
- Or equivalent years experience in lieu of education.
- Large Molecule GMP experience required.
- Caliper or Similar Technology experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Manual dexterity.
- Communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction.
- Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone with supervision.
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and complete all documentation with clear and accurate language and according to the SOP.
- Proficient in the use of analytical instrumentation, skills in separation science techniques in a GMP environment are desired.
- Proficient in sample extraction procedures.
- Ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion.
- Proficient in the operation of the computer and data acquisition programs.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
- PPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing drug discovery, development, lifecycle management and laboratory services....