Hyundai Kia America Technical Center, Inc (HATCI) is looking for a HVAC Systems Engineer for our Superior Township, MI facility who will: |
•Design and development of HVAC System and Components
• Plan and lead engineering Design Reviews toward the development and analysis of automotive HVAC systems
• Must be able to operate independently, but as part of a team in the assigned area.
• Create Bill of Materials.
• Use CATIA V5 and other Engineering tools to create and modify 3D data and 2D drawings.
• Estimate and create cost/mass targets for component parts.
• Support & interface with manufacturing & design studio organizations for vehicle development
• Managing the planning and design progress of suppliers for part development.
• Negotiate styling and design requirements with Design Studio and Manufacturing.
• Review performance and regulatory testing results.
• Participate in benchmarking activities.
• Create and present technical reports as assigned.
• Liaison between North American affiliates and Korean headquarters.
• Assess field claim, JD Power, and other data sources and recommend engineering improvements.
•Clear understanding of design and test requirements for HVAC components/systems
• FMVSS and ECE regulations and interpretations.
• Mechanical and thermal design concepts/principles
• Plastic design, molding, assembly processes and tooling construction.
• Perform additional projects as assigned.
• Travel up to 20% of time domestically and internationally