Overall responsibility for managing the Indirect Tax Compliance functions for Cole Taylor Equipment Finance, including filings for Business Professional Occupational License, Sales and Use Tax and Personal Property Tax. Provide tax guidance to Operations Group and coordinate with SVP Accounting and Finance on accounting, sales tax, property tax, income tax matters, data requests and resolutions on any requests from authorities. Strong analytical, written and communication skills are essential to performing this job.
The level of work is considered management and staff work under limited supervision. This position will have direct reports.
Essential JOB DUTIES:
1. Administer Tax Compliance function relating to Business Professional Occupational Licenses, Sales and Use Tax and Personal Property Tax.
2. Prepare periodic tax filings and submit on a timely basis.
3. Maintain the Vertex Sales and Use Tax software. Process periodic data file and rule updates on a timely basis as provided by the vendor.
4. Assist department personnel in determining taxability of proposed transactions and perform necessary research.
5. Represent Cole Taylor Equipment Finance in audits. Work with auditors, gather requested data for audits, and reconcile data files for related filings and provide supporting detail to auditors.
6. Formulates, recommends, and implements operating policies pertaining to the sales and property tax functions.
7. Continually review the operations of the sales and property tax functions to look for ways to improve the processes and streamline operations.
8. Participates in the monthly closing process and supports the process with analysis and variance investigation.
9. Other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
•7 to 10 years of professional work experience, including 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience
•Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of the field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
•Advanced knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite, Vertex Sales and Use Tax software, and other proprietary software products used in support of the business.
• Strong communication and relationship building skills.
This company is tailor-made for small and midsized business owners. Taylor Capital Group is the holding company for Cole Taylor Bank,...