Akima, LLC is a $1.2 billion holding company with 5,600 employees worldwide headquartered just outside Washington, DC, in Herndon, VA. Akima, LLC is a wholly owned unit of the NANA Development Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation and is focused on providing service excellence to the U.S. Federal government through its 27 independent operating companies. These companies have a portfolio of services including Information Technology, Facilities Management & Maintenance, Engineering and Technical Support, Aviation Support, Subject Matter Expertise, and Business Processing.
To learn more about Akima, LLC visit our website at
is an SBA 8(a) certified, Small Disadvantaged Business providing operations, logistics, and deployable communication systems for first responders and emergency personnel. Ikun is also a supplier of natural gas in the southwestern U.S., and has developed innovative price risk management tools and energy data services to assist clients in locating and maintaining the best solutions for their energy needs. We are also a first choice to meet supplier diversity purchasing objectives. IKUN is a NANA company.
Individual should have worked in previous assignments in an operations capacity; preferably have experience with disaster response, planning or execution of support to special events, or have previously worked in an environment where consideration was given to force posture, threat assessments, and readiness of response capabilities. Individual will have shown through past actions an ability to take initiative, make sound judgments in the absence of guidance, discriminate between critical and routine information, and convey changes to the domestic environment with an appropriate sense of urgency. The individual should understand the operational concept, policies, and procedures which govern Joint Operations Center (JOC) internal operations and how JOCs of the fifty-four Joint Force Headquarters-State (JFHQ) interact with, and are supported by the National Guard Coordination Center (NGCC). State JOC Desk Officers frequently coordinate with senior officers or field grade representatives of the Office of Secretary Defense (OSD), combatant commands, and key federal agencies. The individual provides and incorporates reports and assessments on state Civil Support missions for the JOC in daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports and briefings, and integrates information from the Current Ops Brief, daily Situation Report (SITREP), daily Executive Summaries (EXSUMs) provided by the States and Territories as required. Duties will include:
o Situation overview
- Assist with State JOC Command and Control (C2) of State NG assets including support to order creation, mission tracking, and communications functions of the State JFHQ/JOC.
- Facilitate situational awareness (SA) of personnel in the State JFHQ JOC, state mission partners, and the NGCC, which will facilitate SA to CNGB, DOD and other mission partners utilizing best available common standards and systems.
- SA facilitated by the individual will include the following information (this list is not all inclusive): State operations, other NG and regional State operations, federal military operations, state and federal interagency partner operations.
- SA facilitated by the individual will include the following detailed information:
o Current Operations and Future Operations, to include force package deployments (i.e. location, capability, activity and other attributes which may be added)
o Current / predicted shortfalls in capability or requests for support
o Systems coordination duties will include the following (this list is not all inclusive):
o Joint Information Exchange Environment (JIEE) data coordination
o NG Shared SA (SSA) DOMOPS Tracker coordination
o Geospatial data coordination, to include creation, consumption and sharing of geospatial data
o State, Federal, and Interagency Partner SSA critical information requirements coordinator, ensuring the population of information in a variety of systems, to include voice, data, visual and tabular formats
o Support the creation, maintenance and use of interoperable communications utilizing NG common, standardized critical information and formats, for command and control, SSA and unity of effort.
o Support development and execution of State, regional and national level domestic preparedness planning, training and exercises.
o Act as an information liaison to NGCC, facilitating national SSA through the daily communication of critical information and development of broader organizational channels of communication.
- Establish standardized communications templates and procedures in conjunction with the State Homeland Security Office, Emergency Management Agency, JFHQ, NGCC, and US Northern Command (NORTHCOM).
- Monitor communications, including local and national media, and provide information to mission partners through NIPRNET, SIPRNET, information portals or other mechanisms as required.
- Provide assistance through planning, integration, implementation, and tracking of systems and resources to include personnel, equipment, and communications.
- Support operations planning and execution with OPORD, WARNORD, and OPLAN publication
- Provide continuity of operations at all levels of the organization
- Facilitate, coordinate, create, assemble, and distribute presentations for senior leaders, to include analysis and assembly of data collected on multiple levels.
- Facilitate smooth and efficient shift changes
- Assist in the management of the JFHQ’s Common Operating Picture (COP) for internal use and external sharing of information.
- Provide early warning alert to The Adjutant General and State military departments, State political processes, State emergency managers, and critical infrastructure providers.
- Assist in the establishment of procedures and protocols to implement, monitor, and control security throughout the State in response to FPCON/Homeland Security alert levels.
United States Citizen
Secret clearance required
Six years military experience
- Familiarity with NG domestic operations, to include the authorities and guidance governing such operations.
Associates degree or higher preferred
or equivalent military education/ experience
- Highly proficient in internet and intranet communications and Microsoft Office tools, to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable in physical and communications security
- Able to interpret status of forces information (unit and mission readiness).
- Knowledgeable in the operation of Tactical Operations Centers (TOCs), logistical centers, and emergency operations centers or their equivalents is preferred.
- Experienced in the development, implementation, and monitoring of operations plans, contingency plans, and civil support operations
- Able to establish a battle rhythm and supervise a dynamic increase in JFHQ JOC tasking and staffing from minimum requirements through ramp up and mission termination.
- Knowledge of Army National Guard and Air National Guard personnel, operations, and security programs
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Akima, LLC and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify Akima, LLC’s Human Resources Department.
Akima and its family of companies reserve the right to edit, revise or change this job description. Nothing in the contents of this job description implies an employment contract with the incumbent.
NANA Development Corporation
- 3 years ago - save job