Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: Learning Services Pay Type: Hourly Months Per Year: 9 Hours Per Week: 13.25 Salary Plan: CLS Grade: G8 Min Rate: $ 9.38 Max Rate: $ 13.90
Salary Range Information
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. For further advancement on our classified salary schedule you can do the following:
Work Experience Credit for Placement on Salary Schedule:
Classified employees will be granted one (1) step up to the maximum of five (5) steps for previous work experience(s) in a like position(s), which includes in-district and out-of-district work experience. Work experience credit is based on hours as posted in the Classified Master agreement. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
If the above is done within first (90) calendar days of employment, their salary shall be retroactive to the employees’ current/new position start date.
For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Classified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
Department Marketing Statement
These CCLC Site Aides assist after school program site directors Monday-Thursday, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., working with students in large and small group situations, in grades 2-5 at North Star Elementary. This is a grant funded position, paid via a supplemental time sheet. Bilingual candidates are preferred as well as experience working with school age children in an academic setting.
SUMMARY: Assists site director and leaders to lead and supervise children in various programs (BASE Program, Bright Horizons, Preschool, and 21st Century Community Learning Center) during child care, education, and recreational activities and during field trips. Duties include providing direction, guidance and assistance to students; effectively handling student discipline situations; ensuring student safety and security; communicating with parents, staff, teachers, site director and site leader; opening, closing and securing school building; preparing snacks; may provide infant and child care including feeding and diapering; cleaning classroom areas; recording attendance; assisting sick or injured students; and creating new activitie
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist site directors and or leaders to care for, supervise, guide and assist students during child care, crafts, art projects, games and other educational activities to provide developmental stimulation and meet the children’s needs. Monitor student behavior during activities, effectively handle student discipline situations and encourage and support positive behavior.
2. Assist site directors and leaders to observe the children and monitor the security of the building at all times to ensure the children’s health and safety. Distribute medicine to students as directed and provide general First Aid when needed. May provide infant and child care including diapering, cleaning and feeding as necessary or appropriate.
3. Assist with creating interesting activities that ensure participation of students.
4. Assist site directors and leaders to communicate with parents, staff, teachers and site director regarding child or program issues. Record attendance and contract parents regarding absent students.
5. Assist site directors and leaders to call parents to get authorization for an unauthorized adult to pick up the student from the program. Check identification of adult.
6. Assist site directors and leaders to open and close school building and secure school building at the end of the program by locking doors and turning off lights.
7. Assist site directors and leaders to prepare snacks and clean the activity and kitchen areas after use.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Two years of high school, vocational school, or equivalent on-the-job training and experience.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions Certifications are required within 90 days after entering position.
- May be required to complete current state required annual continuing education (presently 15 hours minimum) related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity, and professionalism.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & DIRECTION/GUIDANCE:
- Operating knowledge of District telephone and basic kitchen equipment/supplies required within 1month after hire.
Reports to: Preschool Site Director, BASE Site Director, or CCLC Site Director
Direct reports: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for supervising the behavior and well-being of students during BASE, Bright Horizons and CCLC programs.
How To Apply
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should apply online. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience, please include Job Title and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume please take the time to fill out the online application as well. It is important to have a completed application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 East 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 20 months ago