We are looking for one or more Journeyman lineman to join our team at our Grand Forks location.
This position will work as part of an electric line crew operation and perform duties of the lineman classification involving construction, maintenance and emergency repairs of all overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems in Xcel Energy service territory.
The successful candidate will be required to reside within 25 miles of the reporting headquarters.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Technical School Lineman degree.
- Must presently be qualified to be a Journeyman Lineman. Documentation of completion of a journeyman lineman program is required for the journeyman level positon..
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers is require.
- Must be able to work at heights up to and above 100 feet.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home.
- Must be able to communicate effectively; have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service.
- Must be able to work additional hours, respond to after hours and weekend call outs.
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times.
- Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR Parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License Class A.
- Must live within 25 miles from the Grand Forks Service Center.
- This job will require the ability to work in an efficient manner while performing the essential responsibilities of the position which may include lifting and maneuvering up to 50 lbs.
Primary Location: North Dakota-Grand Forks
Union Position: Bargaining
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Xcel Energy - 19 months ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4...