Registered Nurse- Hospice Home Care (Floater)
Requisition #: 75191
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: Community Care Services
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location Madison Heights HFO/Hospice
Location (State/City): US-MI-Madison Heights
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
- Makes visits to hospice patients in the home and hospital to assess and identify patient needs in accordance with the hospice concept of care
- Coordinates with interdisciplinary team to provide complete patient/family care. Formulates and initiates the plan of care for physician approval based on assessment of patient and family needs
- This is a full time RN position stationed at Administrative Offices in Madison Heights but will Float to other sites as needed to assist with visits in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living centers, and private homes.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Michigan licensure as a RN
- Must have a valid state driver's license and an acceptable driving record
- Background in hospice or oncology or preferred
- Homecare experience helpful
- 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse preferred (Not including your clinical rotations)
- Full time day shift position
Effective January 1, 2013 the Flex Benefits are effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment for all new hires, rehires including Senior Staff and all unions. The Flex Benefits affected include:
- Medical / Vision
- Employee and Dependent Life
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
-CTO benefits accrue after 90 days
-Short term disability is the first of the month following six months
-Tuition reimbursement can be utilized after one year of employment
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System
- 3 years ago - save job
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...