Title: Sr. Manager of Product Innovation, Yahoo! Advertising Product Management
Location: Position can be located in Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, or Burbank, CA.
Think about impacting 1 out of every 2 people online--in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely Yahoo!. We do just that each and every day, and you could too. After all, it's big thinkers like you who will create the next generation of Internet experiences for consumers and advertisers across the globe. Now's the time to show the world what you've got. Put your ideas to work for over half a billion people.
The Yahoo! Advertising Product Management Group is looking for a seasoned Product Manager, who will be responsible for defining and delivering new product areas to advance the state of digital advertising. This individual will ideally have a deep understanding of the digital advertising industry, advertiser needs and problems, and the market landscape. This individual must be proficient in working across large multi-functional, global organizations as this position will require close collaboration across other product organizations as well as research science, engineering, marketing, sales and finance.
Your inbound responsibilities will include market analysis, customer need identification and prioritization, financial opportunity assessment, competitive analysis and product definition. You will work directly with customers to validate your ideas and determine their forward direction.
- Market analysis including sizing and trends
- Define global and regional advertiser customer segments, buyer personas, and needs and use scenarios
- Develop business cases to evaluate the financial opportunity and determine whether we should build, buy or partner for the functionality
- Understand and document the competitive landscape in this innovative area
- Define the product capabilities required to meet the needs of the target segment
- Work jointly with architects, scientist and engineers to create prototypes and determine effort to productize the innovation
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings please visit http://careers.yahoo.com.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years in product management or product marketing with Internet, software, or related technology company, with track record of increasing responsibilities
- Experience with defining a product from the concept stage and taking it through to launch
- Analytic mind & strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and competitive threats
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to motivate and influence executives, business leaders, and technology leaders within a matrixed organization
- 4 years ago - save job
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...