PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB: To achieve the mission of the School of AREAS as directed by the Provost, and as embodied in the university's strategic plan. The Dean provides overall leadership and administrative management to all faculty, staff and students in the School of AREAS. |
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Dean is responsible for management of all land-grant programs, to include physical, fiscal, and human resources of the academic, research, extension and advanced technologies components throughout the School of AREAS. As chief administrative officer of AREAS, the Dean is responsible for strategic and budgetary planning, recruitment of students, faculty and staff. He/she shall represent the School of AREAS during internal and external dialogs with constituent groups for the purpose of highlighting the needs, mission, and opportunities of the School.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Strong Leadership, effective management and organization, financial planning and budget preparation, resources allocation, and strategic planning
· A proven record of outstanding teaching, research, service/outreach, and scholarship
· A will articulated vision for enhancing student achievement including graduate and undergraduate research and creative activities and interdisciplinary programs and projects
· A will articulated vision for mentoring, supporting and evaluating faculty and staff
· Commitment to respect and value diversity in all its dimensions and a commitment to the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action
· A vision of facilitating interdisciplinary collaboration both within the university and with other institutions
· Record of obtaining external funding as well as a commitment to supporting those efforts within the School of AREAS
· Record of developing and maintaining partnerships and working cooperatively with diverse constituencies, external agencies and businesses
· Experience with or understanding of accreditation processes
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to be an effective spokesperson for the School of AREAS and Alcorn State University.
QUALIFICATIONS: AN EARNED DOCTORATE FROM AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION IN AGRICULTURE, A CLOSELY RELATED DISCIPLINE, OR OTHER FIELD INCLUDED INA SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE; THE INCUMBENT MUSTHAVE AT LEAST 3-5 YEARS OF ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE AT THE LEVEL OF A DEPARMENT CHAIR OF AN AGRICULTURAL PROGRAM.
HigherEdJobs - 17 months ago