Dominion Transmission has an opening for a Casual Rouster/Field Laborer in our Weston, WV location.
As our Casual Rouster you will identify and mark leaks, prepare written notes and reports, repair leaks (may install band clamp or assist welder) and install anodes, reclaim land, perform traffic control (e.g., bullpens, flag traffic, etc.), maintain facilities (e.g., painting, mowing, clear snow/debris from walks and driveways, etc.), maintain equipment (e.g., check and change fluids in pumps, generators, and the like, fill dehydrators with calcium pellets, install tire chains, etc.), maintain tools (e.g., clean and oil hand tools, lubricate and wire brush pipe wrenches, etc.), conduct periodic inventories of tools and equipment, install and replace Company service lines and main lines.
This is a temporary (full-time) position. There are no medical benefits available Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required Basic Qualifications:
1. Minimum of one year maintenance and/or mechanical experience.
2. Documented computer experience and/or knowledge.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Natural gas background strongly preferred.
2. Ability to understand and comply with all safety rules, practices and policies.
3. Ability to walk up to 5 miles per day over variable terrain, ability to operate various equipment (e.g., combustible gas indicator, jackhammer, shovel, spud bar, lawn mover, weed whacker, air spade, line locator, etc.) weighing up to 90 lbs.
4. Ability to load and carry equipment (5 - 90 lbs.) to leak site (0-2 miles),
5. Ability to visually locate marked leaks, access pipeline, scrape corrosion and audibly locate leak.
6. Ability to work independently and as a crew member.
7. Ability to lift, carry, and install pipeline (20-90 lbs.)
8. Ability to climb (up to 30 ft.) and work from a ladder.
9. Must possess a valid driver's license and operate company vehicle.
This is a temporary (full-time) position. There are no medical benefits available Education
Prefer High School Diploma or GED. Working Conditions This position is subject to outside environmental conditions; no effective protection from the weather; may come into contact with bugs, snakes, poison ivy, and the like. Incumbent must be proficient in various areas and scopes of responsibility; may be required to work overtime. Incumbent must be agile; pipeline terrain is variable ( e.g., hills, streams, steep slopes, rocks, brush, wooded areas, etc.). Overtime may be required. Overnight travel of 100+ miles may be required. Test Required
Must pass Aptitude Testing Additional Information
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Dominion is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
You can experience the excitement of our company—it’s the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Dominion - 16 months ago
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 28,000 megawatts of...