The maintenance planner is responsible for equipment spare parts management, CMMS system administration, department performance metric reporting, and administrative tasks to support the policies, goals and objectives of the of the equipment maintenance department.
System administrator of the CMMS system (AMMS)
oCost of ownership by tool set
- Maintain work order database and table records ensuring works orders are generated, scheduled, and closed.
- Create and maintain Preventive Maintenance work orders / tables
- Generate a series of reports to improve department performance:
oPM compliance and conformance
oWork order scheduling , completion and backlog
oEquipment BOM reports
oPart allocation to PM/work order requirements
Create Equipment PM Work Order templates
oRequired Spare parts
Equipment Spare Parts Management
oCreate and maintain Equipment spare parts BOM’s
oMonitor and adjust spare parts min/max levels, based on usage trends
oSecond source items to reduce cost (when appropriate)
oGenerate part numbers for all new parts requests
oManage the Kitting of PM kits and in house part builds
oRun ROP (reorder point) report, and generate Oracle reqs
- Manage all Purchase reqs for Equipment Spare Parts
oTrack PO’s within AMMS/Oracle
oCreate Oracle Purchase requisitions
oWork with Receiving to process “HOT” requests
- Expedite Spare Part orders as required
oWork with Customs Brokers to release “HOT” orders (when necessary
oGenerate Purchase reqs and request for quotes
- Manage all Repair/Serviced Parts
oTrack repairs (both system tracking (AMMS, QB, etc.) and physical) by serial number
Issued to Tool
Shipped to Vendor
Received from Vendor
oMaintain Cost of Repair data (needed for repair cost reports) in AMMS, QB, etc.
- Manage all Spare Parts Inventory Transactions
oIssues (General and to Tool)
oLocation to Location
- Create and generate spare parts reports (as needed)
- Education – High School Diploma and or or a minimum of 1 year experience working in an equipment maintenance department performing preventive and unscheduled maintenance
- Strong mechanical / electrical aptitude
- Ability to use and strong working knowledge of the AMMS work management system, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Quickbase.
- Must have the willingness to learn, be self-motivated, have excellent time management skills, have the ability to work with little or no direction, have outstanding verbal and written skills, and be committed to maintaining a safe work environment
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to customer and/or vendor locations in the area.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movements.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Ability to perform some level of cost analysis and work within a structured budget
- Ability to write detailed reports
- Able to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations as required
JDSU - 14 months ago
JDSU serves markets that are at the heart of what’s important, making virtually every network in the world faster and more reliable....