The candidate will provide system administration for Electronic Commerce services.
· Provide Linux and ESX system administration support in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
· Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
· Approve and execute Change Control requests for hardware, OS and applications.
· Monitor alerting systems and servers.
· Provide and receive cross training from immediate support team.
· Develop custom reports to meet the business needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent job related experience.
Job Related Experience
- Exposure to portfolio management, planning or optimization solutions
- Minimum 5-7 years IT experience supporting Linux platforms to include but not limited to the following: patching, OS troubleshooting, provisioning of new systems, in-depth understanding of SAN/NFS, performance tuning, and capacity analysis.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS Working experience with supporting highly available infrastructure solutions using VMware Vsphere (ESX, VCenter, VMotion, HA, DRS, Converter)
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Able to adapt to change in deadlines and changes in the nature of assignments.
- Capable of clear and direct communication with peers and management
- Ability to navigate a large organization and to influence others beyond their direct authority
- Able to manage assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision, while recognizing the need for a high degree of accuracy and quality
- VMware Certified Professional
- Experience with EMC shared storage solutions (Symmetrix, CLARiiON, Celerra)
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.