Zone Product Estimator
Primary responsibility for providing common take-offs, creating and maintaining should cost estimates, and providing support for value engineering and new product initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Zone purchasing teams to develop common BOM-level detail required in each trade category.
- Analyze current state of each Division’s trade category and recommend common take-off implementation strategies.
- Perform whole house quantity estimates for base plan, elevations, and options.
- Review and reconcile should cost discrepancies between National and Zone sister plans.
- Provide should cost and quantity estimates on alternate elevations, structural, and finish options.
- Host waste walks, perform BOM audits, and lead value engineering events.
- Serve as liaison between manufacturing and 3D modeling input/output, relative to lumber and structural engineering.
- Decision Impact: Zone
- Department Responsibility: None
- Budgetary Responsibility: No budget responsibility but influences high budget decisions
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: If applicable
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Construction or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License because driving is an essential function of this position.
(work related,tools,equipment,software etc.):
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in Estimating Management, construction and/or purchasing
- Good knowledge of residential construction techniques, construction documents, building codes
- Knowledge of structural elements and product installation means and methods
- Knowledge of lean, value engineering and costing principles and practices
- Product design, development and construction in residential homebuilding
- BIM exposure/experience
AZ - Scottsdale
PulteGroup, Inc - 2 years ago