Linux Administrator - US - 18166
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title Linux Administrator - US
Category Information Technology
Location US-TX-Austin Austin, TX 78753, US
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
Rackspace is seeking Linux System Administrators for our 3rd shift (10 PM - 8:00AM) in Austin, TX.
Benefits of working 3rd shift include:
1. A 15% shift differential added onto your base salary!
2. A 4 day work week! 3 day weekends every week!
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator who will be a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers over the phone and via support tickets. A System Administrator is responsible for complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve. The Administrator applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; as well as keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via the ticketing system.
- Ability to configure Postfix/Sendmail
- Set-up virtual hosting within Apache
- Provide various system logs and search them with proficiency
- Ability to perform basic installation of RS supported 3rd party applications (Urchin)
- Ability to create and mount file systems
- Provide high level overview on how FW/LB works
- Able to identify hardware problems and schedule maintenance in our systems
- Identify MySQL issues
- Perform patching on a Red Hat system
- Perform kernel upgrades
- Add and configure basic PHP and Apache modules
- Ability to perform server QC
- Able to perform NIC bonding and test and configure iLO/DRAC
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Requires approximately 1 - 2 years experience working in a computer technical field
- Must have previous Linux principles experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience preferred
- RHCT Preferred
- Able to set up Cron jobs
- Ability to add basic route to system
- Knowledge of common text editor and able to troubleshoot and configure standard services, Web/mail/DNS
- Understanding of DNS principles, understand zone files, and be ability to add/change DNS entries
- Good knowledge of PHP configuration and My SQL foundation including add/remove DB, grant statements, show slave status, log files
- Basic knowledge of Rackspace storage solutions
- Understands performance monitors and their output using tools such as SAR and Nimbus
- Understand zone files, advanced RPM usage
- Basic ability to read and interpret Firewall and Load Balancer configurations
- Basic troubleshooting of clusters
- Proficient knowledge of CLI
- Proficient with network file systems, NFS/SAMBA
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 3,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace - 19 months ago