Work among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, the Department of Information Technology Services is committed to providing the information required to support patient centered care in a technologically superior environment while safeguarding data integrity, security, and accessibility. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Systems Engineer in our Information Technology Services department.
* Troubleshoot campus and wide-area infrastructures for voice, data and video.
* Implements new technologies into legacy systems that improve customer productivity.
* Must know technology and how to apply it in way that benefits the hospital either financially, or through productivity gains.
* Installs and troubleshoots standard and customized software applications.
* Supports the TRC with level 2/3 customer support issues.
* Dissects vendor presentations and understand what the best solution is.
* Evaluates and rates products based on cost, ease
of use, effectiveness, and standardization.
* Prepares well-written and logical documentation
for networking systems and applications.
* Must be able to work with limited resources within designated time restraints.
* Troubleshoot and resolve any LAN, WAN, and Wireless issues while working with common hardware vendors such as Cisco, A10, Citrix, and NetScout.
* Produce Network Diagrams and Perform a network analysis to determine if there are bottlenecks and performance issues associated with the network.
* Design, plan, install, configure, support, document, and optimize the enterprise-wide network infrastructure.
* High school diploma/GED equivalent plus 5 years experience in Computer Science or Information Systems OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and 1 year previous experience in related field required
* Previous system administration experience in Novell and NT environment required
* Novell CNE, Microsoft MCSE, or Linux certification required
* Previous system administration experience with Cisco routers and switches preferred
* Cisco CCNA or higher preferred