As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 2|
4,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
1. Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Performs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies and documents clients functional requirements.
4. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation.
5. Analyzes research & development plans.
6. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and/or engineering support staff.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related technical displine or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related engineering experience. Two (2) years U.S. Navy Surface Combat Systems shipboard experience with an additional three (3) years (minimum) as a U.S. Navy Surface Combat System Instructor. Demonstrated progressive experience in supervising the planning, organizing, review and implementation of U.S. Navy training needs and requirements. Demonstrated experience in ensuring developed courseware is consistent with Navy guidelines and specifications. Demonstrated experience in managing a database to track and access training information and project scheduling/planning tools. Demonstrated experience in developing monitored simulations or problem-solving scenarios, and interactive, multimedia instructional technologies.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Science and Engineering
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...