The principal responsibility of the Research Scientist
is the analysis by multiple procedures of intermediates
and target compounds. The Research Scientist is expected
to demonstrate expertise in both the theoretical and
practical aspects of analytical chemistry. A major
component in the scientist's performance rating will be
based on productivity. In general, technical,
organizational and compliance support for 170+ ongoing
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Review of analytical data and documentation for
compliance with cGMPs, AMRI SOPs and other written
procedures. Primarily chromatographic data, but also
instrumental testing such as DSC, XRPD, water analysis,
USP testing, etc… Identification of deviations. Trending
of stability data to ensure consistency with historical
timepoints and no unexpected results.
2. Managing timelines and multiple projects: Interface
with scientists and management to coordinate testing
timelines, corrections to documentation, and reporting
within defined turnaround times. Adjusting priorities
based on due dates and invoicing goals.
3. Writing stability protocols.
4. Interfacing between sites (Albany and Rensselaer) to
coordinate testing for efficiency and use of
5. Direct, technical communication with customers
(primarily, external). Reporting results, technical
discussion, addressing questions.
6. Formatting and review of reports: Stability Summary
tables; accuracy and compliance with current AMRI
7. Supervisory skills – this position currently has
oversight for a lab tech (who is responsible for chamber
maintenance, calibrations of lab equipment, packaging
stability samples, logging in samples, etc.).
8. Managing invoicing for stability: issuing BRFs,
working with finance to ensure accurate and complete
accounting for stability projects, review of monthly
invoices. Tracking monthly and quarterly financial
9. Controlled substances handling including maintaining
inventory, paperwork, biannual review.
10. Manage workload and time to enable the incumbent to
perform multiple projects effectively, and ensure all
necessary paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
11. Volunteer to assist with other tasks in the
analytical function not directly related to specific
12. Participate in self-development activities and
training of others.
13. Perform other related duties as may be reasonably
assigned in the course of business.
· Bachelors or Masters Degree with major in Natural
Science or Pharmacy or equivalent.
· Between 3 to 7 years prior relevant industrial
experience is required.
· Chemical Hygiene training
· Other pertinent training/courses
AMRI - 17 months ago