This is a part time position. The hours of this position are: Monday 9:30am – 3:30pm; Tuesday 8:30am – 2:30pm; Wednesday and Thursday 10am - 4pm; Friday 8:30am - 1:30pm.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Provides direct assistance and support to three department vice presidents and LA-, NY- and Bristol-based general staff as required on special projects and assignments on deadline.
- Executes daily functions including answering phones, arranging travel requests, expense reports, security arrangements for visitors, overnight mail forms.
- Keeps e-mail distribution lists and documents updated.
- Schedules meetings and handles logistics such as catering; take and distribute meeting notes.
- Engage in a variety of projects, often working independently, including help with department events and press functions.
- Supports department awards submissions as needed.
- Plays a key role in ingesting and captioning more than 200,000 photo images per year for the companywide photo department.
- Compiles daily press clips package, distributes mail, and checks and responds to inquiries from general department e-mail/phone line.
- Work in conjunction with other department admins to ensure all responsibilities handled seamlessly.
- Interacts with a variety of incoming callers.
- Interacts with personnel, senior managers and executives in other ESPN departments and Disney. Coordinates activities between the unit /work group serviced and other ESPN units /departments.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience in generally comparable administrative functions.
- Must be able to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing (in-person, phone, e-mail), with all level of employee and outside contacts, manage multiple projects simultaneously, react quickly to changing conditions, and strong organization skills/methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, SAP, typing.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 10 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...