Manages the day-to-day operations of a geographic territory, region, location or functional unit that has a
impact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives, strategies, and plans.
Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees and responsible for management of employee salaries. Implements and supports Company programs and policies.
Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Determine, develop and implement short and long term maintenance strategies for the plant.
- Develop and implement a maintenance program in line with OEM recommendations and prudent industry practice.
- Oversee routine and predictive maintenance activities and plant warrant issues.
- Establish and manage necessary support contracts; determining plant spares requirements and the ongoing management of strategic spares.
- Supervise and manage employees needed to maintain the plant; support and champion plant and corporate safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure best maintenance and operating practices are applied across the operation and oversee change management activities and special projects;
- Manage the strategic plan and implement action plans for achieving objectives and oversight of daily operations.
- Select, coach, and develop employees.
- Review and evaluate employee performance and prepare annual reviews.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of power or process plant experience resulting in working knowledge of plant maintenance.
- A minimum of three years people management experience.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions, and to mobilize resources to produce desired business needs.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees and use oral and written communication to communicate objectives and action plans.
- Knowledge of Company’s strategic plan, objectives for specific area, as well as Company policies, procedures, and practices and federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to handle daily communication of expectations, coach employees, provide feedback and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Knowledge in interpretation and implementation of collective bargaining agreements.
- High degree of flexibility and the capacity to work in a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work necessary additional hours during, overhauls and outages.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
- Technical understanding of the design, operation and maintenance of a thermal co-generation plant.
- Experience with the development and implementation of precision/predictive maintenance programs.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct and different perspectives our employees bring to the table. We consistently strive to weave diversity into the fabric of everything we do.
PacifiCorp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace